This afternoon, our Chaplaincy Team met.
They began by looking through all of the class Collective Worship books and deciding on three targets from those books which they would support their peers with.
- Using different pieces of music
- Having different activities for the mission
- Planning liturgies more independently
Having discussed how they could help with each of these, they came up with the following:
- Improve the library of music that we have by including songs used by other schools
- Add activity ideas to the liturgy display board in the corridor
- Be the person that children go to within their class when they need help planning a liturgy, rather than asking the teacher
These targets will be reviewed at the end of the term and new targets set.
The chaplains then filmed a short video for our paired school. You can watch it here: A gift for St Joseph’s Catholic Voluntary Academy – YouTube We are sending them two bird boxes as part of the Feast Day of St Thomas Aquinas celebrations.
The bird boxes are significant in two ways:
- Firstly, they will help to improve biodiversity, a key eco target
- Secondly, they are made of wood which links to St Joseph – the name of our paired school – who was a carpenter.
We hope St Joseph’s enjoy their gift for many years to come!